OMPH School Background and Administration
- Established in 1957 under the direction of the Bernardine Sisters of the Third Order of Francis, today fully staffed by dedicated lay faculty.
- Open to all students regardless of race, religion or national origin.
- Accredited by the Middle States Commissions on Elementary and Secondary.
- The curriculum is established and directed by the Diocese of Harrisburg.
- Full-time faculty members are dedicated and fully certified as authorized by the Diocese of Harrisburg and the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- The principal of OMPH School is Mrs. Patricia Foltz.
- 2 Administrators
- 10 Full-time Faculty
- 6 Part-time Faculty
- 2 Teacher Aids
- 6 Masters and advanced degrees, 12 Bachelors degrees
- 4 Lancaster/Lebanon IU13 Professional Support Staff
Student Enrollment 2018-2019
- Grades 1-8 – 136
- Kindergarten – 21
- Pre-K (3 & 4) – 31
- Total Enrollment – 187
- School Day K-8, 8:00am – 2:45pm
- Pre3, 8:15am – 10:45am T/TH
- Pre4, 8:15am – 10:45am M/W/F
- On-Site Afternoon Pre-school Enrichment Program and After School Program for K-8 are available
Religion is studied at all levels on a daily basis and is central to the spirit of our school. Students are instructed in our faith, the sacred scriptures, the liturgical seasons, and the moral doctrine of the Church. As a school community we gather weekly for Mass.
Language Arts, Mathematics, Science/Lab Learner Program, Social Studies
Computer Technology, Spanish, Art, Music, Physical Education, Library Science, DARE Program, MathCounts, Junior Achievement
Science Fair, National History Day, Field Trips, Lancaster-Lebanon Quiz Bowl, Diocesan Competitions including Geography and Spelling Bees, Speech Forensics, Destination Imagination, Quiz Bowl, Mathcounts
Service Projects, Assemblies, Clubs, Choir, Piano Lessons, Voice Lessons, String, Brass, Woodwinds, and Percussion Instruction, School Play, Spring Program, CYO Basketball, Cheerleading, Track and Field, Junior High sports available through LCHS and Lancaster Deanery, Parish Scouting Programs
IU Support Programs/Services
Guidance Counselor, School Psychologist, Remedial Reading, Remedial Math, Speech/Language Therapist
LabLearner Science Lab
LabLearner is the premier method for teaching science to our nation’s youth, providing defined activities with developmentally appropriate science concepts. OMPH School is the first Catholic School in the Lancaster Deanery to offer LabLearner!
The LabLearner program strengthens the OMPH STEM program, as it supports Science, Technology, Math, and Language Arts in a very hands-on approach to learning. Students are challenged in their cognitive learning as they approach science concepts, critical thinking, and problem-solving in a lab environment.
We are Proud of the Facts!
- Average student-teacher ratio is 17
- Secure, air-conditioned learning environment
- Expanded playground area, including grass fields for exercise and play
- Bus transportation to Ephrata, ELANCO, Cocalico, Conestoga Valley, Pequea Valley, Manheim, Warwick, and Manheim Township
- Latest Technology: access to Diocesan WAN, SMART Boards for all grades, Computer Lab, classroom and library computers, two class sets of iPads, LabLearner Science Laboratory, Chromebooks for each Middle School student.
Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Harrisburg do not discriminate with respect to race, sex, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, disability, and age.
The Diocese policy 4102-Procedure for investigating complaints and resolving conflicts is available to participants for complaints regarding the lunch program. Complaints may also be directly sent to the USDA Office of Civil Rights. Complaints of discrimination may be filed with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Civil Rights, (OCR) the DHS Bureau of Equal Opportunity (BEO) and/or the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission (PHRC).